New Board Member Needed
The Bay of Plenty Badminton Association (BOPBA) Board are actively seeking up to three (3) appointed Board members who will bring depth of experience in governance to help steer the sport through a very competitive sporting landscape. The term of this appointment will be a minimum of two (2) years and is a volunteer position.
BOPBA has been facilitating badminton within the Bay of Plenty region and was managed under a committee structure till 2021. At our last AGM the member delegates voted to adopt a Board of directors governance structure and elected the current directors. Our constitution allows the board to appoint up to three (3) appointed directors to bring specific skills to help drive strategic direction in a fast changing environment, a key component of which is to progress our new purpose built badminton facility project in Tauranga.
Bay of Plenty Badminton has been active as an Association for over 60 years. There are affiliated Clubs throughout the Bay of Plenty in such places as Tauranga, Rotorua, Whakatane, Taupo & Turangi.
BOPBA is an incorporated society since 1967 and a registered charitable trust since 2014 and our purpose is to:
- Promote, develop and foster the sport of Badminton as an amateur sport for the advancement of health and well-being of the general public in the BOP region, and
- Promote opportunities and facilities to enable, assist and enhance the participation, enjoyment and performance of members in BOPBA’s activities.
We are seeking an experienced Director to complement and strengthen the expertise of our Board. In particular we are seeking the following skills and experience:
- Having a few miles on the clock when it comes to governance.
- Or having skills that would be useful to the Board for example: Marketing, PR, Event Management, Financial Management, Fundraising, Sponsorship and other related disciplines
- Are excited about helping a small motivated team in a challenging environment.
- Are willing to contribute outside of Board Meetings to support the General Manager. We don't require huge hours of commitment but do strive for a Board willing to help in between Board Meetings where appropriate to drive through results.
- Experience in the sport is not a requirement, but some experience in Sports governance/management would be a bonus.
The Board recognizes that diversity is important and getting the right mix of skills around the table is critical for the on-going health and success of BOPBA.
The personal attributes sought include:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highest level of integrity & ethics
- Team player
- Time and commitment to attend meetings
All applications for the Appointed position should include your cover letter and CV highlighting governance experience to Graeme Neilson via email: email@example.com
Applications close Friday 29th October 2021 at 5:00pm
For further information
Contact: Delwyn Cooper, General Manager, BOPBA
Phone: 027 2124720